Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lemon Verbena

A dear friend of the family left a comment on my Facebook page a few weeks ago, asking if I knew where she could get some lemon verbena - she'd had some last year, loved the fragrance, and wanted to have it again this year. At the time, I was no more than vaguely familiar with the plant, but one of my favorite plant sources, Peppers, has an extensive selection of herbs, a whole greenhouse full of them. Sure enough, the next time I was there, I found it. So I called her, got an order for two plants, and picked up two for myself. And sure enough, the fragrance is heavenly, just as advertised. And my mother picked up the other two plants to deliver, along with about half my clump of white irises and a few others I had in pots.
sent from my Android phone

No comments:

Post a Comment