Friday, May 6, 2011

Iris

I answered an ad on Craigslist 2 summers ago, selling irises, daffodils, and a few other types of bulb/rhizome perennials - with prices "by the shovelful". When I showed up, it was an elderly couple who had just purchased a house, and they didn't want the upkeep of the large flower garden in the back yard, so they'd dug it all up and were getting rid of the plants. By the time I came along, they were hot, tired, and a little disappointed with how the flow of calls from their Craigslist ad had petered out and how few of those calls had actually turned into people showing up with cash in hand. They filled the whole bed of my truck up with these irises for $20 and a smile. I gave most of them away, and my husband piled some of them up in the garden cart and left them to rot when it filled with rainwater (hey, I could've gone and planted them too, and I didn't), but here are some of the ones that are left.

sent from my Android phone

No comments:

Post a Comment