Saturday, March 12, 2011

Treasure Trove

sent from my Android phone

So one of the things I've been wanting for years is iron garden furniture. It's always super expensive, and it just never seems to find its way into the budget. Well, today I started my collection with a bang - we were out flea marketing (my husband's favorite hobby) and we stopped by about the junkiest junky flea market I never would've stopped at on my own, because my husband had been there several times and said they had great stuff for great prices. Lo and behold, they sure did, and now I'm the proud owner of three single chairs, two double seat benches, and a triple seat bench. All but the triple are iron, and I couldn't pass up the triple despite the fact that it was aluminum, although we did leave the set of two single chairs and a small table, the other double seat bench, and two larger tables for that very reason. We were there for several hours, hemming and hawing, poking and prodding, and finally getting a price, writing a check, and loading it up. And now, I have some painting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment