Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Super Bok Choy Salad

I bought some bok choy (or pak choi, or however you want to spell it!) at the Milton Farmer's Market last weekend, and my friend Karen gave me this recipe, although I didn't get it until after I'd already stir fried it with summer squash, garlic, scallions, and olive oil. But I'll be trying this next time!

1/2 cup sunflower seeds (shelled)
3-4 Tbsp slivered almonds
---Spread them both on a cookie sheet and toast them [bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned].

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
---Put all in small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Promptly remove from heat and cool to room temperature.

1 bok choy, shredded (rough chop is fine: bite-sized pieces)
6 green onions (white AND green), chopped
---Put bok choy in bowls (makes 2 to 4 servings, depending on whether it's your main dish, or a side salad), scatter onion on top. Drizzle with dressing, and sprinkle toasted seeds and nuts over the top. Serve immediately. It's SCRUMPTIOUS, and so good for you!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment